How to Change Your Password
If you are able to log in, but you don’t like your password (maybe you got a really ugly random password from a Password Reset), or you just want to change it from time to time, you can change it by following these instructions:
- First log in using your existing password.
- Click the Edit Profile link under LOGIN at the top right of the web page.
- In the profile form, type a new password in the password field. You’ll need to type it a second time exactly the same as the first–the software checks for a match.
- You can also add or change your name, address, and other profile information at this time if you wish.
- Then click the Update button.
- The website will ask you to log in again with your new password.
Please remember that passwords are case sensitive, i.e., capitalization matters–it must match what you entered into the profile form exactly.
NOTE: You can’t change your username or email address–those are permanent identifiers. If you want to use a different email address, please send a request with your name and new email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.